Monday, October 19, 2009

Taco Soup

Hello y'all!

I was going to share this recipe with Suzi, so I thought why not just write it on the SP Recipe Blog?! I'm sure many of you have your own version of Taco Soup. This is just the way I do it. I've had many that are yummy! Feel free to leave a comment and share your own variation. I always like to try new things! :)

This is one of those recipes that does not involve "cooking." If you can open up a can (and brown some meat), you're golden.

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground round
1 pkg. Ranch style dressing (dry mix)
1 pkg. Taco seasoning
2 cans chili beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can whole corn

Directions:
Brown meat. (I brown mine with onions.) Drain WELL.
Add all ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil.
Simmer 30 minutes.

You could also make it in the crock pot. Sometimes the flavor seeps in better. It's great the day you make it, but it's even better the next day. It also freezes very well, so make extra to have for those [rare] chilly Houston days! :)

Serve with chips, grated cheese, sour cream, etc.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Forgot to mention...I use 1 can of mild Rotel tomatoes and one can of petite diced tomatoes for the "diced tomatoes"

Lindsay said...

LOL Suzi! I didn't even realize you'd already posted a taco soup recipe that's pretty much identical to mine. HA! Sorry.

Anonymous said...

We make a variation of this soup that Stacy & Charles Hall showed me a few years ago. We add in vegetables such as green beans, carrots, and corn. We call it, "Taco Vegetable Soup." Also, we don't add ranch seasoning, but I may try that in the future.