Monday, November 9, 2009

Healthy Snack

I am always looking for a snack that is both quick and healthy! My recent favorite snack is SUPER quick and packed with good-for-you stuff! Here are the ingredients:

low fat yogurt--1/2 cup (Lately, I've been buying the Stonyfield Farms Organic Low Fat yogurt, French Vanilla flavor, but you can use any low fat or fat free yogurt you like. If you plan on eating this everyday, buy the tub of yogurt and it's a bit cheaper.)
Fresh or frozen berries--1/2 cup (I always keep a stash of frozen berries in my freezer. They are a great snack to grab any time.
Wheat germ--1-2 T (This is sold in the grocery store in a jar near the oatmeal. You can add it to anything, but I love it in yogurt. It gives it a nice texture and is a great source of vitamin E and folic acid which all of us women could use more of!)

Anyway, just combine all the ingredients in a little bowl, stir, and enjoy.
This snack always gives me a nice boost of energy.
I know this wasn't really a recipe, but I love to pass along snack ideas as much as yummy dinners! :)
S

1 comment:

Chris and Kim said...

Sounds super easy and yummy!