Monday, November 16, 2009

'Tis the Season...

...for comfort food!

Let me tell you, this recipe is something to be thankful for.

So easy.
So good.

Y'all, I've never been a huge dressing fan. Not until I started dating good ole' Kyle Silvio. His grandmother makes a killer dressing. I'll have you know, though, simple as this recipe is...Kyle's remark after taking a bite of it: "This is better than Maw Maw's dressing." *shudder* Y'all better never repeat that.

You only share recipes with those you can trust with your secrets, right?

Another secret: As with anything I make that requires chicken...I use a rotisserie chicken from the store. Makes it taste gourmet. There you have it...two secrets, and a yummy recipe for a comfort food that tastes a lot like the best dressing you've ever had. Or I've ever had.

Mmmm...

Grandma’s Chicken Cornbread Casserole

4 cups crumbled cornbread (Onions,celery to taste)-(2 boxes Jiffy)

1 ½ cups chopped chicken or turkey

1 ½ cup chicken broth( real, homemade)

1 can cream of chicken soup (sorry ladies, I did NOT use low fat.)

1 cup grated cheese of choice

Directions: Mix all ingredients and pour into sprayed 9x13 baking dish and set aside for 20 minutes. Bake at 350* for 30-45 minutes. Serve with green salad and you have a complete meal.


*From my aunt Cindy.

MUCH LOVE,

Lindsay

No comments: